The idea is a simple one – you bring along your unwanted, barely worn quality clothes and exchange them for vouchers.
When the shwop begins, you can ‘cash in’ your vouchers for any of the other lovely threads on offer. Guilt free shopping straight ahead!
What will happen at The Big Shwop – Kāpiti?
3-5pm Shwop Drop
People bring in their clothes to be vetted and accepted into The Big Shwop.
We accept well-made clothes in excellent condition. The Big Shwop is a fashion store without the money. Bring quality clothes and find quality clothes.
For each item of clothing suitable for the shwop, you will receive one voucher.
The shwop area is closed. We sort all the fabulous clothes onto racks and into sizes. Shwoppers can enjoy complimentary canapes and purchase drinks at the bar.
$1 of every drink will go directly to Raumati South Kindergarten.
6pm The Big Shwop begins!
You can use your shwop vouchers in exchange for any item in the Shwop.
Simple – a fresh new wardrobe straight ahead!
What do I bring to The Big Shwop?
- Shwoppers bring in quality items of clothing and get to take home new pieces of great quality clothing too. The Big Shwop is a “Fashion Store without the Money” and that is what makes it so distinctive. Its all about redistributing quality clothing that we aren’t wearing.
- Shwop volunteers ‘vet’ the clothes you will bring in for The Big Shwop to keep the quality high. Our volunteers reserve the right to refuse clothes for The Big Shwop.
- We work really hard to keep this process fair. If you have an item refused from The Big Shwop, that you really think should be included, there is a Second Chance Shwopkeeper who will consider it again.
- All clothing to be shwopped needs to be a quality piece of clothing. It needs to be fashionable and still looking good. Its hard to say what is and isn’t good to shwop and the science isn’t exact. Bring things that you would be able to sell second-hand. If it cost close-to-nothing when you bought it brand new, then it’s not for The Big Shwop.
- All clothing to be shwopped needs to be in really good condition. Of course, clothing should have no marks, missing buttons, no pills or pulls, no rips or broken zips. Remember, The Big Shwop is not a dumping ground. Just donate your tired pieces of clothing to an opshop.